Biatorbágy is located in the northern part of Pest county, in the area bordering Fejér county. It is neighboured in the north by Páty and Budakeszi, in the east by Budaörs and Törökbálint, in the south-east by Sóskút, in the south by Etyek in Fejér county, and in the west by Herceghalom. The inner area of the town is located in the Zsámbék Basin, it is surrounded by the Buda Hills in the NW-SE direction, its eastern part extends into the Budaörs Basin. Area: 4379 hectares, residential area: 496 hectares, population: on 1st January 2013 12.908 people, from 1985 it decreased, then from 1990 it increased again, and in the past few years it increased pronouncedly.

Biatorbágy has very good transport connections. As for main road connections, the M1 motorway, the M0 highway and main road No. 1 play a very important role. Main railway line No. 1 also crosses Biatorbágy. The M1 motorway crosses the northern part of the inner area. The connection between Biatorbágy and the motorway is ensured by the Herceghalom junction and the 1-M1-M0 junction system.

Main road No. 1, running almost in parallel with the motorway, serves the town more directly. Although main road No. 1 separates Katalin Hill from the town, on the whole the line of the road is favourable, providing the busier business areas with public road services relatively independently from the town. The other national roads running into Biatorbágy form the collector road network of the town. As a result of the transformation of the Tatabánya-Budapest railway line into a suburban line, Biatorbágy is „closer” to the centre of Budapest than some of the districts in Pest, and this fact gives a new impetus to the development of the town. Biatorbágy was formed by the union of the villages of Torbágy in the north and Bia in the south in 1966. Until 1985 Herceghalom also belonged to Biatorbágy administratively. The names of the two villages were first mentioned in writing in 1192 in a property register as the „Biua” land under „Torbágyerdő”. Torbágy was formed in the valley of the Stream Füzes, on its two banks, at the foot of the cemetery hill. The traditional vineyards, orchards of Torbágy were located on Katalin Hill. Bia was built on the northern bank of the Stream Békás and the fishing lake. Its inner area expanded along the former Buda-Bicske-Győr-Vienna road. Its orchards and vineyards were located on Szarvas, Kutya, and Ürge Hills.

The fishing lake of Bia was formed to the south from the inner area, on the other side of the stream, in the bed of the former Lake Szelíd, drained at the beginning of the 19th century. From the end of the 19th century new residential areas of the two villages were built along the railway line, near the joint railway station. This section of the railway line was constructed in 1883. With the residential areas along the railway the traditional villages were gradually united. The zone of small gardens on Nap Hill and in Iharos was formed as the garden of the new areas. The current Ország, Szabadság and Szent István streets run along the line of the former Buda-Vienna road. Main road No. 1 was constructed in 1960 on a new line between the inner areas and Katalin Hill. Also in the second part of the 20th century, in 1976 the railway line was relocated as well, to an area to the north from Torbágy, between the inner areas, and the cemetery and the small gardens. The new line of the road runs in parallel with the railway line, 200 meters to the north from it. The two villages were united at that time, gradually developing a new village centre on the former railway areas.

The M1 motorway was constructed in 1980 to the north from main road No. 100 (No. 1), separating from the village the small gardens on Katalin Hill. The Lake Peca was formed in 1955, and the surrounding orderly holiday area was developed from the 1970s. In the middle of the 1970s the railway line was relocated to an area to the north-east from the village. The new railway station was built in the north-eastern part of the village. Thus the former area of the railway became free, allowing the development of a new village centre. The joint development plan (ÖRT) of 1976 tried to regulate the development, but it was not implemented in full, as some new streets were misplaced. As the moving out of MÁV lasted until 1997, the construction of the new centre is still in progress. The construction of the motorway had a major impact on the development of Biatorbágy.

Industrial, business and logistics centres have settled along the motorway and main road No. 1. As a result of the large-scale infrastructure development implemented by the municipality between 1990 and 1994 and the closeness of the capital the number of those resettling in Biatorbágy is increasing. The location of the M1 motorway and the railway line was an advantage in the restructuring of the village, as the business areas could be developed separately from the residential areas. The residential developments planned in the north-western area of Biatorbágy will form an integral part of the structure of the town. The geographical and natural conditions will limit further expansion after a time. The direction of the development of the structure of the village was determined in the Village Structure Plan of 2002, by taking into consideration the suburbanization processes, and the needs emerging in the village. The structural changes in recent years included the formation and gradual development of the business areas along the main roads. A change in the role of the former agricultural areas, the transformation of small gardens into holiday and residential areas, and the formation of smaller farms in stead of the large-scale farming units can also be observed. Another important element of the town structure is the development of green areas in the inner areas and at town level.

The region of Biatorbágy was already inhibited in the prehistoric age, this is evidenced by finds from the Copper and Bronze Ages. Archaeologists found the remains of Bronze Age settlements on the areas of Biatorbágy-Budapark and Szarvasugrás, as well as on the old hill of Bia. The Hosszúrétek Valley was already inhabited at the time when the Carpathian Basin was inhabited by the Avars, the excavations of 1991 and 2003 provided evidence of that. Avar graves from the 7th and 8th century were found, rich in finds. The centres of the two former villages forming the present town are indicated by the remains of old churches. In Bia by the ruins of the Saint Cross chapel in the Reformed cemetery, in Torbágy by the Gothic top of the sanctuary of the Catholic church. Torbágy was a single-street village along the main road, while Bia consisted of two parallel streets in the valley running in the north-south direction. The medieval village centre of Bia was presumably to the south-west from the church, in the region of the current Munkás and János Arany streets (Telek), and its other main part was situated to the north from that (Szugja). After depopulation under Turkish rule the two villages were resettled on the areas of the medieval villages, Bia from the 17th century, Torbágy only from the beginning of the 18th century. Torbágy was resettled with people of German nationality, while Bia remained a Hungarian village, people of other nationalities moved in from other villages in the region.

From the middle of the 19th century until 1935 Bia was the seat of the district consisting of 16 villages with 41 thousand inhabitants, it was a busy place full of model farms and handicraftsmen. Albertfalva, Budafok, Nagytétény, Budakeszi, Budaörs, Páty, Zsámbék, Tök, Perbál and Törökbálint all belonged to it administratively. In 1946 most of the population of German origin was expatriated, they were replaced by Hungarian speaking inhabitants from several parts of the Carpathian Basin (Székely Land, Transylvania, Alföld (Great Plain), Felvidék (Upper Hungary)). The construction of the railway with a viaduct in the area between the two villages had a significant impact on Bia and Torbágy, a joint railway station was built under the name Bia-Torbágy in 1884. With the modernization of the railway a second viaduct was constructed in 1898. The viaducts, built over a 120-140 m wide and 20-25 m deep valley, became the symbols of Biatorbágy, and also the scenes of a horrible terrorist act committed by Szilveszter Matuska on 12th September 1931. Since then the viaducts lost their function and became historic railway monuments, which are currently under local protection.